Needless to say, I’m
not a private anymore and whoever called me by rank was certainly wrong. So I hurried
myself struggling to get out of the car and run in my boots to my squad leader.
As I run to him I see that he’s standing with another person in uniform. From afar
I could not tell his rank or make a resemblance. When I got close enough I could
see that a Sergeant Major was awaiting my arrival along with my Sergeant. I’m
less than 10 feet away and I hear him scream, ‘Drop and start pushing!” so I dropped
dead and began to perform push-ups. I can hear him telling my sergeant that I better
be on duties all day and that I shouldn’t get any breaks.
Just my luck, I’m late
and I have duty all day. Not to mention I got smoked at the beginning of a work
day. I can now feel my arms get tired and weary, I’m starting to fatigue and
lose power. The SMG tells me to push until he can feel the earth move so I get
a boost of adrenaline and begin to push some more. I fatigued faster and more
rapidly as time went by. Then I was told to stand at attention while I was
lectured on why it is important not to be late. SMG StrictPants decides to
leave me alone and presume his day accordingly. My Sergeant walks up to me and
says that I’ll be joining all the privates today and performing the worst
duties anybody in the Army wants to do.
We start off with area
beautification and begin to pull weeds and rake the surrounding areas of our
unit complex. The sun is hot and kicking everybody’s butt but we must finish
our given task. Then we were sent to clean the latrines and hallways. We swept
and swept for about two hours then proceeded to mop the place. After that we
were sent to wash and clean the vehicles from any dirt and trash that might be
inside. All while our comrade’s hangout and chill inside with the AC full
blast. All day I spent it sweating and getting dirty. That’s the last time I ever
want to be late and have to face the wrath of SMG StrictPants.
No comments:
Post a Comment