Anyway, close by there is a lady and a younger man together, chatting away, I shall call them Mr and mrs Margarita, since that's all they been drinking since I've got here. Watching mrs Margarita is pretty amusing, she is constantly blinking her eyes and doing so many hand motions, maybe she is already reaching her happy stage. There is an older couple also at the bar, they are enjoying their drinks but seem really caught up on their phones and not on each other. I think technology is really changing people's lives now and maybe not for the better. Then again I probably look like a technology addict too, since I'm writing this on my phone. I don't want to the weirdo writing on the back of napkin again.
As you can tell, I going to be going to different restaurants, gives me an excuse to get out and eat somewhere new!
There is about 6 elderly ladies here, ranging maybe from like 70 plus years old, they’re so adorable! And apparently 2 more are still on their way. They greet each other with hugs and smiles. I've seen this group of elderly woman before, last time I saw them they all ordered Margaritas, and this time they seem to be doing the same. I just saw the waitress take the mixes to their table. I hope they all make it safely to their homes! The bartender seems indifferent to what's going on, she's alone behind her bar, while most of the other waitresses stand in a little hallway that separates the kitchen from the rest of the restaurant. Everywhere I look, people are talking. The guy sitting behind me talks to his friend about how hard it's been for him to get a job, and it makes me hope that I will not end up with the same fate. Meanwhile the loudest people are Mr and Mrs Margarita, well more the mrs; she keeps chatting on and on talking about gossip. It sounds like a Mexican soap opera! One thing I notice is that among most of the people here, there is a lot of Hispanics and oddly enough they're the ones that are talking the most. Maybe it's just something that runs in Hispanics because lord knows that in my family, there are a lot of chatter boxes! Fortunately though, not every single one is like that, including myself, and when it's quiet you find a certain inner peace.
Among the waitresses that are standing in the hallway, there is one that looks about like she is ready to go because she has her purse and sweater in her hand. As she leaves I can overhear her asking every one she runs into how much they made that day, which for some of the other waitresses is looks pretty annoying because of their facial expressions. She then says that she made close to $80 in tips that day, which for her is good, but for I feel bad for the other waitresses; especially because she also had a loud voice.
No comments:
Post a Comment