As I walk in, I notice that the
decoration is different. The people in charge of the establishment have decorated
according to the season. Autumn colors surround the place, making it feel
warmer. Immediately I notice there are two groups of people in the center of
the place.
One of the groups was a family I
assume probably two sisters taking their children for a treat. The total of
children surrounding these two ladies was eight. There were six girls
relatively around the same age presumably 7, 8, or 9. The boys were small
around five years old, both calling one of the woman “tia” meaning auntie in
English. Both of the boys were pulling on each side of her black sweater until
she sighed and picked them up and proceeded to sit down with both on her lap.
Both women were sitting next to each other having a conversation while the
girls sitting across the table were all talking about their food.
The other group was a group of five
friends, which I found very interesting. I named them, Rapunzel, Belle, Jasmin,
Snow White, and Pocahontas, according to their appearance. Although the number
of friends is odd, there was no visible leader. With two friends on one side
and three on the other, they gathered around closer to the table complaining
that they couldn’t hear each other over the big table. As they ate their food
they would talk about their order and try each other’s food making comments
about the ingredients.
As time passed the girls on each
side of the table started talking, the two girls on one side (Belle and Jasmin),
and the three on the other side (Rapunzel, Pocahontas, Snow White). One thing
that really stood out was that none of the girls looked at their phones while
together. They were so engrossed in their conversations that they didn’t have
the necessity to be on their devices. To me that is real/ true friendship. Later
one of the girls on one side and one girl from the other side (Belle and Snow White)
started talking and the conversation seemed serious, due to their expressions. On
the other hand, the other three girls (Rapunzel, Pocahontas, and Jasmin) were
having a light- hearted conversation seeing as how the laughed frequently.
Although these two groups were my
main focus, there were two couples silently enjoying each other company of to
my left side. Both of the couples ate promptly and left the establishment. The couples
were both dressed fairly nice and had probably stopped by to get a quick snack,
before heading out to a night out or some evening party.
While gathering my things to
leave, I started thinking about my time spent in that place and I realized something
really extraordinary. Everyone I had seen that day in this establishment, even
the couples that had only stopped by, and including myself were wearing one of
or a combination of black, burgundy, or purple. The weather had been cloudy and
we probably all had the same vibe. Other than the staff that had to wear
uniform, we all had outfits of that color scheme.
Walking out
of the establishment, slightly after the big family, I overheard the friends
planning to head out to the nearest peter piper to continue the bonding since
the establishment was about to close.
No comments:
Post a Comment