Ethnography

Ethnography

September 21, 2014

An Odd Burrito Day

It’s Burrito Day, but it is very quiet around 8:22 am. I sit at my desk, and Blaire is quietly sitting at her’s. The lab smells like burritos so I walk by the kitchen area to investigate, but no burritos in sight. As I walk back, Chuck walks in and begins talking very loudly to Blaire. They begin packing up their bags, Blaire is taking a bit longer to leave and she says “I can meet you downstairs if you want.” but Chuck patiently waits. They start walking out of the lab and right as she gets to the door Blaire realizes she has left something and tells Chuck “I’ll just meet you down there”.


It is 8:28 am and the lab is suspiciously quiet for Burrito Day
Suspicion leads me to walking over to the kitchen area once more and opening the slow cooker, which is where they put the burritos, just to make sure I didn’t miss the burrito rush. I come to the conclusion Burrito Lady is running late. I wonder if an angry mob will form if she takes too long to deliver the burritos. However an angry mob requires a group of people and it seems like the whole office has a spidey sense for when the burritos are near, which I guess is not now.


Finally Ponytail Guy has arrived, that’s a good sign. He is talking to a tall and loud bald man, Baldey is what I will call him. They talk for a while until finally at 8:38 am Burrito Lady walks in! Baldey looks at her and shouts “WOOHOO!”.


Burrito Lady laughs as she arranges everything to perfection, she asks Ponytail Guy which he wants and he happily shouts “Bacon if ya got!”. Baldey has disappeared.


A lady I have never seen before walks into the lab, glares at the burritos the same way Smeagol looks at the Ring and walks out. I don’t know what that was about.


Ponytail Guy serves himself some orange juice and Smeagol Lady has come back, but she has not grabbed any food yet.


My boss walks in and quietly grabs a burrito so I try to make it look like I am doing work.


Baldey walks back in and begins fiddling with the coffee machine. I hear a group of women talking outside the lab, which I assume is where Smeagol is.


It is 8:46 am.


Another tall bald man has walked in, he saw me looking over and said good morning as he grabbed some food and juice.


A dorky man has now walked in, but walked right out for some reason.


An employee who looks like Dwight from The Office slowly walks over to the burritos right as Dorky Man walks back in. Dorky Man says “Hey how’s it going?” Dwight mumbles something and gestures toward the burritos and Dorky Man says “No no you were here before me”.


The group of women talking loudly in the hallway turned out to be three hispanic women, figures. They make comments to each other in spanish as they serve themselves juice, Smeagol is nowhere to be found.


One of the women stayed behind to get more food, and Unamused Guy has walked in. He is totally trying to put the moves on her, because she was standing in front of the slow cooker looking at the collection of burritos and he stood right next to her and quietly said “excuse me” and reached across her instead of waiting for her to leave. Or maybe he is just a little rude, I’m not sure. However they spend 30 seconds (roughly) looking through the collection together, this is weird.


It is now 8:56 am, and it has been an odd Burrito Day today.

XOXO, Gossip Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment