Saturday night was the night of the Lobo/Aggie football game, and also a very slow day at the double eagle. When I walked in the kitchen the other busser walked up to me and told me "They are trying to make me set up for a banquet and they are not gonna tip me for it." in an angrily way. Every time someone asks him to do anything extra or that isn't his job he gets mad if there is no reward. I always try to help out the bar when I can and I never ask anything from them. Whenever the other busser barely does anything he asked for a tip out. It's clear that he cares more about making money than getting his job done and helping others that need it. Past employees who have been treated badly or felt that they are being taken advantage of will start to act greedy.
Today was really slow because of the game. A couple walks in, an short Hispanic woman, and a tall heavy set Hispanic man. The Hispanic man was dressed very professionally. He would often talk down to me. Every time a server or myself would ask for something he would just bring us over with a hand gesture. I could not help but to ask him if he was a politician because I was overhearing his conversation. He said he was a politician sometimes.
There was a table of five people. There was two adults and three kids. They were dressed sloppy and really informal. There kids started putting everything in their mouths. When i asked the man if they would like bottled or filtered tap water he just asked me to hold on just a minute. I asked him if he would like to see the menu from the other restaurant. He said yes and felt embarrassed He apologized and I made it really clear that it was okay and this happens often.
No comments:
Post a Comment