Once again I enter the coffee shop and this time there seems
to be a lot more people than usual. I kind of make eye contact with a lot of
them because I just walked. This time when I placed my order a different girl
helps me. For some reason I get the vibe that she has been working here for
longer than the other. The girl who took my order last time is also here and is
uninterested as ever. Almost every table and chair is taken up. As I walk in to
get my usual I look around to see where I can sit and be discreet but still be
able to see everybody. There is not really a good spot for me to pick so I
choose near the door so that I am facing mostly everybody. I sit down and the
same flowers are on the table as there was two weeks ago. Sitting down, I see beside
me are two women, one with a baby. Next to her is a man reading a book. I am surprised
that he can even read right now considering that the baby is screaming right next
to him. Across from me are two other women who are in an excited conversation.
One of them while talking throws her arms and hands in the air. Every time she
speaks she is making some sort of gesture or banging on the table. The women
sitting next to her seems to be really interested in what she is saying but has
a different demeanor than her friend. She sits there smiling with her hands folded
on the table. In the table next to the gesture woman are the same two girls
that sat next to me last week when I was facing the window. I guess they are
regulars? They both seems to be heavily focused on their work. The two women
with the baby have left by now. An older woman came into the shop and ordered
something. Considering there are barely any seats she comes up to the man
reading the book and asks if he can sit next to him. He makes a friendly
comment and she laughs and responds. She walks away towards the back of the
shop. The same radio station is playing overhead: NPR news. The song currently
playing is not as harsh as they were last time. It a gentle melody, and I know
this beautiful tune which is called Clair de lune. Next to the two window girls
are 3 college students. They all seem to have the same apple laptop. I think
they are working on a group project. I swear I don’t think gesture lady has
relaxed her arms once, though now her friend seems to be joining in on the hand
gestures as well. The older woman has come back and moved to sit on the sofa
sitting behind me. She moved the table closer to her to put down her things and
seems to be reading a book. Another gentleman just entered the shop on his
phone and placed an order. He just came up to me and mouthed if he could take
one of the chairs at my table. I said, “Of course!” considering I’m sitting
alone. He sat down in the table across from me and is in a really serious
conversation, though it doesn’t seem aggressive. One of the employees that was
working the first time I was here who I named Josh just walked in. The man who
took my chair just received another phone call and has the same demeanor he had
last time. The friendly book man seems like he is giving up reading as from the
corner of my eye he puts down the book in his lap in a way of not wanting the
read anymore. Chair stealer man hung up is now on his tablet, concentrating.
There is a different employee I just noticed behind the counter. Though he
looks like he might be the boss because he looks to be wearing the white chef
outfit and seems to have an accent. One of the men from the Apple laptop group
just got up from the table and is walking in my direction. When I looked up we
made eye contact. He looks friendly. I just noticed outside there are three
woman signing in ASL! I wonder what they are talking about. The employee josh
seems to have grown out his beard. Gesture woman has gone into a more serious
conversation considering she isn’t moving her arms as much. The chair stealer
man is on his tablet from what I can tell reading a book or novel. The friendly
book man seems to be forcing himself to read because he keeps moving in
different positions and sighing. He just leaned his head back in a “let this be
over” kind of gesture. The indifferent employee girl just left. She seems to be
friendly with her coworkers at least. The older woman behind me hasn’t really
moved at all. Gesture lady just got up and is moving her whole body trying to
get some point across. She took her excitement to a whole new level, forget
what I said about her being serious! Besides that, everybody really seems to be
concentrating on their work. Though book boy his getting anxious as he keeps
moving his legs and fingers in a fast motion. I myself am getting anxious from
being here a while. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment