Ethnography

Ethnography

September 21, 2014

So let it rain.....On a Thursday Night

It’s a late Thursday night. Not too much going on, very calm. Its moist outside because all of the rain that has been going on. Everyone must be at home all cozy that’s why there is not many cars in the parking lot. I enter the building even though I am soaking wet. I walk to the Starbucks and order myself a hot chocolate to try to make myself warm. I decide to sit by the magazines this time. With my hot chocolate in hand I grab myself a cooking magazine and sit down. There is a few people passing by with shopping bags on their hand.
It’s a family of 4, Zoe, Zach, Kyle and Dana. Zoe is one of the young girls and she is wearing pink tights with a gray hoodie, and her hair is blonde and is up in a ponytail. Beside Zoe is her older brother Zach. He is wearing jeans and a black hoodie. He was blonde hair as well. In back of Zoe and Zach are their parents Kyle and Dana. Kyle is wearing a brown jacket with jeans and boots. His hair is blonde as well and he is wearing a hat. Dana is wearing jeans as well with black tennis shoes and a purple hoodie. They seem to be heeded to the exit telling me that they are done with their shopping for today. I can’t hear what they are saying because they are on the other side of the glass.
As the family of four disappears I notice that there is an elderly man sitting two chairs to my left, Carlos. He is reading a car magazine which tells me that he is into classic cars. Carlos is wearing a sports jacket of the San Francisco Giants and jeans. He is also wearing a hat. He is really into his magazine because he doesn’t seem to look up or pay attention to what is going on around him.
In back of me stands the famous Hollywood Nail Salon. There is surprisingly a lot of clients inside the salon, mostly girls because they are getting manicures and pedicures. This doesn’t surprise me because I hardly ever see any guys in nail salons. I guess you would say it’s a girl thing. I can’t hear any of their conversations either because they are on the other side of the glass. Carlos is still here reading his car magazines. As im looking around I see from some distance that there is still people at the Starbucks ordering drinks. I can’t really see too much from where I am at. A few minutes later a middle aged lady seats in the bench next to me, Miranda.
Miranda is wearing a brown dress with high legged boots and her hair is down. She is reading a cooking magazine which tells me that she enjoys cooking. She turns to the dessert page and is reading a recipe for pumpkin pie which makes sense since the fall season is getting closer and closer. She just overviews it and puts it back. Carlos seems to be leaving too because he is taking his reading glasses off and putting the car magazine back. Everyone seems to be leaving now and I understand why because one of the Barnes and Noble employees just announced that there is 30 minutes until closing. I head out as well before they close the doors on me as well. Cold and rainy Thursday night but I would say it was a good day because New Mexico hardly ever gets rain. So let it rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment